If you are trying to open your RetirementView Software in Windows and your computer is controlled by a company admin or tech company that restricts installation, then an incorrect installation can exhibit errors on startup. Some of these errors can include:
- app continues to spin hourglass and never opens
- error that Plan.ini could not be found
- error that you cannot write to the Client Files directory
- app is blocked
Many times this is caused by the program has not been installed properly due to lack of admin rights for the user. NOTE: You can't just have your tech person login as admin, install it, and log out. You have to give the USER the admin rights, install it, then revoke the admin rights.
Here's a solution:
We finally got it working, here’s how. I uninstalled the program, gave the user local admin rights, installed and launched, then removed the user from local admin rights. Logged back in as the user and it works.
Here is a copy and paste version to email to someone:
- Give the user local admin rights
- Install the software from: http://www.torrid-tech.com/downloads/downloads.html
- Make sure it runs ok
- Remove the local admin rights from the user
NOTE: You can't just login as admin, install it, and log out. You have to give the USER the admin rights, install it, then revoke the admin rights.